Ten Plants to Turn Your Home into a Tropical Paradise
It’s no secret that plants are 2020’s hottest self-care items! But how do you go from a normal apartment in Chicago, Phoenix, or Seattle and turn it into a jungle? Below are ten plants that will give you all the rainforest vibes no matter where you live.
- The Jungle Bundle – For those who want to save some time and get four jungle plants at once!
- Monstera Split-Leaf – This is a great option for newbie plant caretakers, and combined with its air purifying qualities, you’ll want one for every room in your home.
- Braided Snake Plant – Another perfect plant for new tropical lovers, the Sansevieria Cylindirca can tolerate a variety of light conditions and doesn’t need to be watered often. Plus, it looks pretty darn cool!
- Ficus Elastica “Rubber Tree” – So called due the rubbery texture of its glossy leaves! This plant adds dramatic height and tropical glow.
- Ficus Lyrata “Fiddle Leaf Fig” – With its thin trunk leathery green leaves, the Fiddle Leaf Fig is sure to turn heads in your new plant sanctuary!
- Ficus Elastica Tineke – The best part about all these ficuses? They all look vastly different! Hailing from lowland tropical forests, this plant is hardy and can grow in a variety of environments.
- Bromelliad – Native to South America, the Medusa, Christiane, and Vriesea ‘Splenriet’ varieties are easy to grow and add an exotic touch to any room.
- Anthurium – Also native to the rainforests of South America, these beauties can bloom all year when given enough light and water.
- Dracaena Deremensis “Lemon Surprise” – While not strictly a jungle plant, the lemon surprise’s striking striped foliage add heigh and texture to your home – they can grow to be between 4 and 7 feet tall!
- Schefflera Moonlight Umbrella Plant – This variegated beauty is native to Taiwan and a natural air purifier, so it is perfect a bedroom.
One of the commonalities amongst tropical plants is their incredibly abilitiy to purify the air you are breathing in your home, so the more plants you add, the cleaner your air will be! As always, make sure to check which are toxic to pets and humans if you have any pets or kiddos underfoot.
And of course, don’t forget to tag us in your plant photos on Instagram @cellardplants and use #CellarDoorPlants so we can see your gorgeous babes! Happy planting!